ATERA FUE is a revolutionary system of hair restoration that creates natural and subtle results. FUE stands for follicular unit extraction. ATERA FUE is a digital device that represents the latest and most advanced in hair transplant technologies.
- 1 Don’t Lose Your Confidence With Hair Loss
- 2 About ATERA FUE Hair Transplant in Houston Texas
- 3 Candidates
- 4 Your Personal Hair Restoration Consultation
- 5 Preparation and Procedure
- 6 Recovery
- 7 Results
- 8 Ways to Complement ATERA FUE
- 9 Cost
- 10 FAQs
- 11 References
Don’t Lose Your Confidence With Hair Loss
Many people experience a loss of self-esteem that accompanies their loss of a full head of hair. Some men may preemptively shave their heads to make their smooth dome appear to be a choice rather than an unavoidable fact of life. Other men and women may suddenly become connoisseurs of hats. You shouldn’t feel like you need to don a Stetson or become a collector of Borsalinos. Don’t fear the hair reaper!
Enter Dr. Goran Jezic. Dr. Jezic, of the Houston Hair Transplant Center, specializes in bringing you the latest innovations in hair restoration. He can stave off your diminishing crown by crafting an ATERA FUE treatment specific to your needs. Dr. Jezic customizes his treatment to each patient. There is no one-size-fits-all solution for hair transplants. Schedule a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Jezic and he can begin to formulate a plan to replenish your hair. Dr. Jezic is an accomplished medical doctor versed in all forms of hair replacement.
Call the Houston Hair Transplant Center at 713-864-2300 and Dr. Jezic or one of his knowledgeable staff will be happy to answer any questions.
About ATERA FUE Hair Transplant in Houston Texas
In addition to male pattern baldness, hair loss can be associated with an increased risk of psychiatric and psychological distress. People of all genders often experience increased insecurity and stress from losing their hair. Traditionally, hair transplants required invasive surgical methods. Those procedures would leave linear scars and oftentimes left recipients with an unnatural looking mane. Today, hair transplants have evolved with the advent of follicle hair extraction technology.
What is an ATERA FUE hair transplant?
Hair transplants first began in the 1950s by Dr. Orentreich who used 4mm “punches”. Hair transplants then evolved in the 1990s to be accomplished by surgical strips. These hair transplants left prominent linear scars that posed problems for those that liked to keep their hair short. Today, Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is the gold standard in hair restoration techniques.
FUE is based on the principle of extracting the follicular units in small batches or individual grafts consisting of 1 to 3 hair follicles, then grafting the units to the desired location.
Hair grafts can be accomplished with the use of only 0.6-1.025 mm micro punches. The micro punches are so small, any scarring is virtually invisible to the naked eye. FUE techniques allow patients who want to wear their hair short to benefit from natural-looking hair grafts. This precise technique consists of extracting 1-3 hair follicles at a time. FUE hair restoration procedures may be more time-consuming than strip hair transplant surgery. But the impressive organic results are worth it as patients can socialize happily without fear of noticeable scars.
Benefits of Atera FUE Hair Restoration
- Digital graft counter so you know how many grafts were harvested
- Lubricates the root of the hair follicle during harvesting/extraction
- Keeps the grafts lubricated until implantation
- Two separate tubings – one for lubrication and the other for graft suction
- Faster and more efficient compared to other FUE systems
- Lighter handpiece causes less trauma and minimal bleeding
- Natural results
- Minimally invasive
- Little or no scarring
- Simple aftercare
- Quick recovery
- Minimal risk
- More comfortable than strip hair surgery
- Effective on tight scalps
Anyone that experiences a form of unwanted hair loss. May be a great candidate for ATERA FUE hair transplants. All types of hair loss can be treated with ATERA FUE including curly hair which is beneficial for African-American clients. Some common types of hair loss that are treated by ATERA FUE include thinning at the top of the head (the most common form of hair loss), thinning at natural part lines, loss of hair in patches which creates bald spots, and full-body hair loss from medications or chemotherapy.
Causes of hair loss :
- Hormonal changes
- High-stress events
- Hairstyles and treatments – cornrows, tight pigtails, traction alopecia
- Medication and treatments
Your Personal Hair Restoration Consultation
Communication is the foundation of all relationships. Dr. Jezic meets with all new clients and personally conducts his initial consultations. He believes in establishing a good rapport from the start. Experience forms an integral aspect of all successful FUE transplants. A precise process, follicle extraction requires a knowledgeable hand and an understanding disposition. Dr. Jezic personally selects his technicians who average 10 years of experience performing hair grafts. You wouldn’t trust your classic car to someone who just took an online mechanics course. When seeking hair restoration from a doctor, select one with the breadth of experience to give you the expert care you deserve.
During your consultation, Dr. Jezic will go over your medical history, your hair loss, and how you want your head to look after grafting. Together, you will arrive at a strategic plan that matches your goals. To begin your journey to a lush head of hair, schedule a consultation with Dr. Jezic, or call the Houston Hair Transplant Center at 713-864-2300.
Preparation and Procedure
During your consultation, Dr. Jezic will go over any preparations you need to make for your hair transplant procedure. It’s usually advised that all patients refrain from smoking for a week leading up to transplants to ensure the best results.
The ATERA FUE system combines the advantages of mechanical extraction with the precision of a manual FUE system.
During your initial assessment, Dr. Jezic will determine the number of hair grafts needed to achieve your results. The duration of hair replacement surgery depends on the number of grafts to be performed. Usually, the hair transplant procedure will begin in the morning and finish in the afternoon of the same day. The ATERA FUE system moisturizes the hair follicle after extraction. This keeps the follicular unit primed for grafting and optimizes the process. The hand unit can employ 3 different punch sizes, offering a solution more adaptable to a patient’s specific case than other systems.
- Dr. Jezic or his experienced technicians will trim the donor area on the back of the head.
- Local anesthesia is administered over the donor area.
- Dr. Jezic’s team extracts hair follicles from the donor area using micro punches under 3-5x magnification.
- After harvesting the follicles, the collection system deposits them into a staging area that digitally counts the number of harvested units and keeps them in a moist, cooled state optimal for grafting.
- Dr. Jezic and his assistants will carefully graft the extracted hair onto the desired area.
Houston Hair Transplant Center has the only ATERA FUE System in all of Texas.
Most patients can return to work and full activities the day after their hair transplant procedure. Make sure to follow any specific aftercare instructions from Dr. Jezic.
ATERA FUE shows phenomenal results in recreating completely natural-looking heads of hair. In one study, the perception of transplant recipients was measured by a randomized audience. Participants were perceived as younger and more attractive after hair transplants as well as appearing more successful.  Dr. Jezic’s patients can attest to the fabulous results.
Ways to Complement ATERA FUE
ATERA FUE is the most advanced system for hair restoration. But it works even better with a few lifestyle choices. These are a few easy-to-implement behavior choices that help you get the most out of your Atera FUE treatments.
- Diet – make sure your diet contains a plentiful supply of fruits and vegetables along with plenty of protein.
- Vitamins – supplementing your healthy diet with vitamins is a great way to ensure your body is supplied with all the nutritional fuel it needs. Vitamins A, B, C, D, iron, zinc, and selenium are all important contributors to hair growth and maintenance.
- Washing – wash your hair frequently with a healthy shampoo. Check the bottles and make sure you aren’t using one with an overabundance of chemicals. Keeping your scalp clean is important but you don’t want to overuse artificial chemicals.
- Gentle hair styling – tight hairstyles such as cornrows and pigtails are correlated with increased hair loss. Keep your style more gentle and your hair will reward your efforts.
- Massage – Do massages prevent hair loss? Not on their own, but there is some evidence regular scalp massage helps maintain thicker hair. It can’t hurt your scalp and you want to draft all remedies into service.
The cost of an ATERA FUE hair transplant procedure will depend on the amount of hair loss, the results desired, and the nuances of your personalized treatment plan.
Does ATERA FUE leave scarring?
Any scarring left by Atera FUE is minimal and not detectable by the naked eye.
Does a hair transplant last forever?
Even diamonds don’t last forever. However, your newly grafted hair can last for the rest of your life. Supplement your hair grafts with lifestyle choices that promote healthy hair and you’ll see the best results.
- Bicknell, L. M, Kash, N., Kavouspour, C., & Rashid, R. M. (2014). Follicular unit extraction hair transplant harvest: a review of current recommendations and future considerations. Dermatology Online Journal. 20(3). Retrieved from https://escholarship.org/uc/item/1954f4vv
- Dua, A., & Dua, K. (2010). Follicular unit extraction hair transplant. Journal of cutaneous and aesthetic surgery, 3(2), 76–81. https://doi.org/10.4103/0974-2077.69015
- Kristin L. Bater, Masaru Ishii, Andrew Joseph, Peiyi Su, Jason Nellis, and Lisa E. Ishii. (2016). JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery. 413-418.http://doi.org/10.1001/jamafacial.2016.0546
- Koyama, T., Kobayashi, K., Hama, T., Murakami, K., & Ogawa, R. (2016). Standardized Scalp Massage Results in Increased Hair Thickness by Inducing Stretching Forces to Dermal Papilla Cells in the Subcutaneous Tissue. Eplasty, 16, e8. PMID: 26904154