Affordable Hair Restoration Without Sacrifice
The best hair transplant clinics should give you the benefit of large volumes of restoration procedures, increased experience, and competitive prices. Find out why most quality and cost-conscious patients end the hair restoration journey at our FUE transplant surgery clinic in Houston. Learn more about our Neograft & Artas robotic hair transplant cost and the price of a restoration with follicular unit extraction inTexas.
Average cost of FUE hair transplant at other centers:
-6$ to 11$ per FUE Graft for Neograft FUE, ARTAS robotic hair transplant, or manual FUE restoration.
Our regular price for FUE hair restoration in Houston:
-$4/Graft - limitations apply as noted below*
Click to find out how many grafts will I need and what are my options for an affordable high quality hair transplant?
Because each graft contains an average of 2-3 hairs and we price by graft, the majority of people get many more hairs then grafts they paid for.
Nothing is more real then your own real hair
Obtain treatment by an award winning M.D. without wondering about credentials.
Every patient is unique. Contact us to get your customized quote.
- We offer the most recent Artas hair restoration robotic transplant system and Neograft FUE approaches. We encourage everyone interested to educate themselves about the difference between the procedures, including reading our FAQ section in detail. Learn how you can get hair implant growth to defeat your male pattern baldness.
- We encourage our patients to price the competition, and compare them to our prices. Many clinics make a transparent effort to list their prices online.
- We encourage our patients to compare our award winning physician, holding a Medical Degrees (M.D.), to other options in the market. This includes, but is not limited awards by national societies and the American Medical Association. Read more in the About Us section.
- Prices should be transparent and not a well kept secret. After a detailed consult, we give you solid numbers that do not move or change. If you have been researching hair restoration, you know hair restoration with natural results is hardly inexpensive. This is especially true when you are considering the latest Neograft FUE option over a strip FUE or alternate FUE/FUT method. However, we understand most patients want to maximize the benefit and minimize the hair transplant costs while obtaining the highest quality results. While national rates can vary and tend to be from 5-10$ a follicle unit graft (or more for Neograft FUE), we stand out from the crowd because we offer some of the best and most competitive pricing in the market and we ONLY use the latest Neograft FUE.
- Please note our cancellation and down payment policy. Down payment is required to reserve a date as we are booked out in advance. Down payment is refundable in full with 3 week notice. Cancellation with less then 3 weeks notice results in a partial refund regardless of the reason and regardless of when the booking was made for the procedure date. Prices, and especially limited time prices, are subject to change within an allotted time(usually, but not always, 1-5 days). Cancellation and/or rescheduling of a date will be subject to current pricing and any difference is expected to be prepaid. This is mainly because we can rarely fill a spot with 1-2 weeks notice, and you are leaving us with a vacant spot as well as taking up a future vacant spot of another patient. A deposit can hold a special limited time price only for 5 days until a date is chosen from available dates. We appreciate your understanding with this policy as it helps keep our average hair transplant price down.
Self Education on prices
Understanding the cost of a Houston hair transplant is wise and one should obtain a professional opinion before undergoing any procedure. You can verify your physicians background training online. Many restoration physicians have M.D degrees while others will have other degrees (we suggest you know the exact degree of your provider). Background training is often in cosmetic based specialties like Dermatology or Plastic Surgery, although you may find other practices entering the field. With all other things being equal, costs can play a significant factor in patient choices for surgery. When comparing the restoartion cost of an FUE hair transplant, it is imperative to compare apples to apples.
There are many pricing structures used for hair restoration surgery and understanding them can make comparing procedure prices much easier. The current state of the art in hair restoration surgery is termed follicular unit grafting (extraction and implanting) i.e FUE.
Grafts and follicles in hair transplant cost calculation
Two terms must be understood to compare hair transplant cost structures: grafts and follicles. The follicle refers to the individual hair. This corresponds to one hair follicle. The graft is the unit which is placed in the recipient site and can consist of one or more follicles(each graft is average 2-3 follicles).
Most surgeons will use individual single-follicle grafts along the edge of the hairline and multi-follicle grafts in other areas, or will only use single-hair grafts in every spot. Even though two surgeons report that they will use the same number of grafts, the number of actual hairs can be different(i.e 1000 hairs in single-unit grafts gives you 1000 grafts, however 1000 grafts with clusters of 2-follicles per grafts will produce 2000 hairs to be implanted and thus can be twice the fullness per area).
In another example, surgeon A may transplant 1,000 single-follicle grafts for the hair implant cost of $5000 whereas surgeon B may transplant 1,000 multi-hair-follicle grafts for $5000. Thus surgeon A gives you 1,000 hairs maximum, while surgeon B gives you a minimum of 1,000 hairs but can be up to 4,000 hairs for the same 5,000 dollars.
The total number of hairs can be the same but the number of grafts can be much less (or in other words you pay more for much less work in graft extraction/placement) if you are priced on a per-hair basis. This is why we prefer to price per graft to help the patient gain more from the procedure.
Hair Transplant Cost - Session Charges
Some patients with significant hair loss may require multiple hair transplant sessions. For hair that is extracted for transplant, the longer the time out of the body, the less the survival rate of the transplanted hairs. Multiple shorter sessions may be more beneficial than a single prolonged session not only for graft survival but for patient comfort. Some physicians will charge by the session while others will charge for the number of grafts obtained.
Number of grafts and session length.
One of the most common thing we hear our patients say, is why do we recommend less grafts then our competitors. The first thing is to verify we are comparing apples to apples as noted above, as this is the most common reason for misunderstanding cost differences. Furthermore, the reasons for and against doing large sessions in one visit are many. Longer procedures do strain the grafts and the patient. A large session resolves the issue in one visit and physicians do not have to worry about never seeing the patient again as would be the case with several smaller sessions. With the surgical strip method that involves a scalpel, stitches, a line scar, and longer downtime it may not be an experience most people would want to repeat(we do not do this but instead use the newer Neograft FUE). As we do have the Neograft available, and have lots of demand for services, we do not feel the need to push large graft numbers to up sell a patient.
Follicular Unit Extraction versus Strip Surgical Excision with scalpel & stitches
The other thing to compare is whether the surgeon will use follicular unit extraction or strip excision to obtain the donor grafts. In general, follicular unit extraction (FUE) can be two to three times more expensive than strip harvesting, although this is rarely the case when our rates are considered. Some clinics claim that the Follicular unit extraction approach drives up costs, however we have not found that to be the case with most of the FUE transplant tools available. Some tools such as the robot do double the cost of a transplant with little more then a few hours time savings, but most restoration approaches and tools that allow FUE bring the cost down. In fact, in our clinic, the Follicular unit transplant costs are comparable to the standard strip harvest technique.
Our sample price structure* is based on FUE grafts (and thus you get from 1-4 hairs per each graft):
If we priced per hair (which we do not do), a 700 graft case can cost from 3,350 to 9,000 and a case of 1000 grafts can cost from 4,750 to 15,000.
We do not lure you with graft prices that are not FUE grafts. When we say graft, we ONLY mean FUE grafts. So you know what you are pricing. When you see/hear other rates, make sure you read the details on if it is FUE or not. The difference is price and a line scar, among other things. You can get a top dollar FUE hair transplant without paying top dollar. However, it is important to remember that the best hair transplants are not always the cheapest and the cheapest are not always the best.
We believe you should be paying for a quality hair transplant, not for fancy overhead costs.
Specials, if/when available, are discussed during the consult. These are limited time only and expire within specificied timeline of the consult itself. Specials only apply to certain remaining open dates and only for procedures within 45 days of the consult. Specials can not be used to book dates beyond the aforementioned. It is also important that price per hair graft is not all that matters. Full restoration can require anywhere from 1-3 visits and/or touch up procedures. Prices above are only samples and do not guarantee actual prices. All prices include rules/restrictions/expiration and are not guaranteed as each patient will require a unique and individual assessment of needs. FUE graft cost for hair transplant can vary by patient needs and complexity. Cost of a hair transplant with FUE grafting is a complex procedure. Prices may change for repeat or future treatments. *Special rates apply only for, and if, promotional specials only. Special rates are restricted to specific graft numbers and specific procedure date limitations.
*Note: Above prices are samples and not necessarily representative of advanced FUE approaches. Rules and restrictions apply to all specials. In most cases special rates are limited to established FUE patients of our clinic. Different prices may apply for different case sizes and for cases that are small trial size cases (up to 100 grafts) which may be on the lower end of the price scale and an additional set up fee also applies. Not sure about a hair transplant? Interested in a small trial sample of grafts? We currently have a special of 100 graft at $4/Graft as an introductory trial (set up fee applies). Anything above 100 grafts has a higher rate and also has a set up fee due to increased staff and supplies needed. Note we also do have a set up fee for all procedures. Prices above do not include set up fees. The $4/Graft special also does have restrictions i.e it does not apply if you have had a prior FUT Strip surgery.